Tuesday 24 April 2012

Inspired by Egypt

Ever since I was a young girl I've wanted to visit Egypt. I know a lot of people probably say the same but I've been intrigued by the exotic nature of the place since I flicked through one of my mum's holiday brochures whilst pretending to be a grown up reading what I thought was a magazine. That's when I saw the pictures of this beautiful, golden land which, at the ripe old age of 7, seemed mysterious and almost imaginary. The striking images were like something I'd see in a storybook. They were the kind of pictures that were so amazing no matter how hard I tried to recreate, somehow my dull,blunt school pot pencils could never handle the challenge. Of course my artistic ability never came into question.
.


As I grew older and studied Ancient Egyptians in primary school, my fascination with this country simply spiralled from then onwards. The ancient culture was fascinating to me and, I'll even admit it, a little bit creepy. But for me, that was part of the excitement and mystery of this seemingly unreachable place! The history of the pyramids, how they buried their people and adored their Pharaohs, the curses and how they worshipped their Gods. It's all just so interesting!




Of course, as I grew older still, I began to appreciate the modern culture of Egypt, the architecture, the fine clothing and the unbelievable hospitality I'd always heard about from people who had visited. Being a current student at university, I always imagined studying for a few years then taking a gap year to finally finally finally commit to a seemingly impossible hope and travel to Egypt, however, unfortunately degrees don't come cheap! So please send me on a holiday/experience of a lifetime to Egypt! Those golden sands, fine silks and dark historical artefacts are screaming my name!


http://holidays.easyjet.com/egypt-holidays.htm Do follow!

1 comment:

A.SR said...

Hi Claire,

Thanks for your entry, good luck, and make sure you do lots of Tweeting! :)